Samsung has recently announced a new competitor for iPad, its latest Galaxy Tab. According to the company, it does not lack anything that an Apple iPad has. It is in fact stronger than iPad as it supports video conferencing from both the front and back cameras. Galaxy Tab P1000 is based on the Android platform and runs the latest v2.2 Froyo OS and it is also upgradable to the v3.0 of Android whenever it will be released.
Galaxy Tab features a 7inch wide screen display with a resolution of 600 x 1024 pixels. The touchscreen is capacitive and runs the Samsung Touchwiz UI. It includes Swype text input, three axis Gyro sensor, Accelerometer sensor and Multi-touch input method. Galaxy Tab has inbuilt integration with Flash with the Adobe’s Flash Player 10.1, so you can play various flash applications that you cannot run on Apple iPad.
Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab Specifications
- ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor
- PowerVR SGX540 graphics
- Android OS v2.2 Froyo
- 7 inch capacitive touchscreen with resolution of 600 x 1024 pixels
- TouchWiz UI, Swype Text, Muti-touch, Gyro sensor
- Internal memory 16/32GB, Micro SD cards up to 32GB
- 3.2 MP back camera with autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary Front camera 1.3MP
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, 3G, USB v2.0
- Full HD video playback, TV Out
- GPS with A-GPS support
- Socail Networking Integration, Google services
- Adobe Flash v10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab Price
Samsung has not yet given any information on the price of Galaxy Tab. It is expected to have a competitive price in the market. In India, its estimated price is INR 32,000 i.e USD 690.