Toshiba makes a debut in the category of Tablet PC’s with its very first innovation Folio 100. Folio is an Android powered tablet that runs the latest v2.2 Froyo of the Android OS. The design and outlook of folio is inspired by the Apple iPad and it features a large 10.1″ Capacitive touchscreen with a maximum resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels.
The weight is about the same as of iPad around 760g and it is not that light weight as Samsung Galaxy Tab. Folio 100 comes under two versions – one with Wi-Fi connectivity, and the other with Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity. There are two USB ports and one HDMI port provided for trasferring videos and photos to other compatible screens.
The Android interface is slightly modified by Toshiba providing a new layer of interface over the original Android OS. The changes that can be noticed are – Home button provided at the top that contains the list of applications, bigger icons and instead of Andorid Market there is a separate App Place, part of the market place for Toshiba.
Toshiba Folio 100 Main Features and Specifications
- Nvidia Tegra Processor, 1GHz
- Android OS v2.2, Froyo
- 10.1″ Capacitive Touchscreen, 1024 x 600
- Internal Memory 16GB, Memory expandable with SD cards
- Two USB ports, One HDMI Port
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G only for the expensive version
- 3.5mm audio jack, 1.3MP Webcam
- Adobe Flash 10.1, FBEreader for PDF
- Social Networking Integration, Google Services
Toshiba Folio 100 Price
Toshiba Folio 100 will released under toweo verison – the one without 3G will cost around USD 510 or INR 23000, and the one with 3G will cost USD 640 i.e INR 29000 in India.