Acer has recently announced their Android based Tablet featuring the latest v3.0 Honeycomb of the Android OS. Iconia Tab features a 7″ LCD Capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 600 x 1024. It is powered with a Dual Core 1GHz processor by NVIDIA with a tegra 2 chipset.It weighs around 200g less than the latest version of the iPad, although it is thicker than it.
There are two cameras – the primary camera is a 5MP with auto focus and LED flash. The secondary camera is a 2MP and is meant for video conferencing. The memory storage is 8GB inbuilt and expandable with a micro SD card up to 32GB. Acer Iconia Tab can also play flash and has the latest Adobe Flash Player 10.1.
Acer Iconia Tab A100 Features and Specifications
- Android OS v3.0 Honeycomb
- NVIDIA Dual Core 1GHz processor, Tegra 2 chipset
- 7″ LCD capacitive touchscreen with resolution 600 x 1024
- Sensors – Gyro sensor, Accelerometer.
- Acer UI and Multi touch
- Internal storage – 8GB, Micro SD card up to 32GB, 512MB RAM
- 5MP camera with auto focus and LED flash
- Secondary 2MP camera
- Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi, 3G and Micro USB 2.0
- GPS with A-GPS and Google Maps
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1
- HDMI Port
- Social networking Integration and Google Apps
Acer Iconia Tab A100 Price
Acer Iconia Tab will hit the market in Q1 of 2011, and is expected to be released in India few months later. Its estimated price in India is INR 29000 i.e USD 630.