Nokia has announced their latest smartphone N9 based on the Linux based Meego platform, jointly developed by Nokia and Intel. Nokia N9 is the first ever phone to come without a single button control on the front surface. The navigation is solely based on the swipe based gestures. The home screen has three panels that you can swipe, first one contains all applications you have installed, second one is the notifications and messages area and the third panel contains the applications currently active in a form of grid.
Nokia N9 will have support for Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby headphone, first phone to support that. There is a 8MP Carl Zeiss camera with auto focus and LED flash. Nokia claims it to be fastest camera capable of capturing instant photos and also with a minimum launch time. It also records HD videos with 16:9 Widescreen with smooth continuous focusing.
Nokia N9 features a new browser supporting HTML5 based on the Webkit2 technology. Nokia N9 will be available in three colors – black, pink and blue.
Nokia N9 Intro Video
Nokia N9 Specifications and Features At a Glance
- Meego OS v1.2 Harmattan
- 1GHz Cortex A8 CPU, PowerVR SGX530 GPU
- 3.9″ AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen, resolution 480x 854
- Gorilla Glass Display, Anti-glare polarizer, Multi touch
- Accelerometer, Proximity sensors, Swype Text input
- Internal memory 16GB/64GB, Micro SD card up to 32GB
- 8MP Carl Zeiss Auto focus camera with Dual LED flash, HD recording at 720p and 30fps
- Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi, 3G, Micro USB 2.0
- GPS with A-GPS, Nokia Ovi Maps
- Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Headphone
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Micro SIM card only
- Games – Angry birds Magic, Galaxy on Fire 2, Real golf 2011
- HDMI port, Digital compass, NFC support
Nokia N9 Price and Release Date
Nokia has not yet unveiled the price of nokia N9, and as of now no information on the release date is known.